I wanted to share something that I received from our local hospice agency.
They send out information to grieving family members, and I though this information was appropriate as it can impact all of us…not just those of us who have lost loved ones.
So here is their list for First Aid for Your Mental Health.
- Talk It Out: Find a level headed person you can trust
- Escape For A While: Find a spot of peace and quiet
- Work Off Your Anger: Pitch into exercise or hobbies
- Give In Occasionally: Admit that you can
- Do Something For Others: It takes your mind off yourself
- Give Yourself A Pat On The Back For The Things You Do Well: But do not try to be perfect
- Go Easy With The Criticism: Others have virtues too
- Make Yourself Available: Often others are only waiting for you to make the first move
- Schedule Your Recreation: Its essential to good physical and mental health
- Tell Someone You Care!
- Be Able To Laugh At Yourself – and Smile, Smile, Smile
My favorite one… Escape For Awhile.
I love the forest and the ocean…both of which are in great abundance where I live.
What about you? What is your favorite on this list? How do you take care of yourself?