Quitting Smoking will positively impact your health in many ways.
- Women who smoke are 2-6 times more likely to suffer a heart attack. The risk increases with the number of cigarettes you smoke each day. Quitting now will protect your heart.
- Women who smoke generally experience menopausal symptoms at a younger age.
- Over 4,000 individual compounds have been identified in tobacco and tobacco smoke. 60 of these substances are known to cause cancer. In order to cleanse our body of these deadly substances, you need to quit.
- Got a fur baby at home? Second hand smoke increases the risk of lung cancer in your dog or cat.
- If you spend $3.00 per pack and smoke 1 pack per day, you will spend $1095/year. (That’s low in my part of the country!)
Some resources to assist you:
Live for the woman you want to be…quit smoking!
Barbara C. Phillips, MN, NP