Both men and women forever are searching for ways to hold on to their youth. They are looking for remedies to make them look and perhaps feel younger. Unfortunately, many are choosing medical interventions when they could look toward more healthy alternatives.
Even though limited, there are some things you can do to look younger. You don’t necessarily have to go for Botox injections or choose an invasive surgery like liposuction or a facelift.
Here are a few “gentler” ways to make you look and feel younger than you really are:
This alone will get you off to a good start.
- Exercise Regularly – Nothing benefits your overall health like having an exercise regimen that you enjoy and practice on a regular basis. No matter what exercise you choose, getting your body moving can drop the years from your body and mind. Exercise will keep you flexible, strong (er) and keeps your mind alert. Pick an exercise you enjoy, commit to doing it regularly and you’ll be amazed by the results.
- Dress Your Age – Almost nothing makes you look older than you are than attempting to dress in the same type of clothing that your daughter or granddaughter are wearing.Don’t be tempted by current teenage or young adult fads and dress your age. Not only will you appear younger than you are, but you’ll also feel better about your own style.
- Sleep Your Way to Youth – This is so important! When you’re younger, it’s easier to get away with little sleep. But as you get older, not getting enough sleep really catches up with you. Baggy eyes and a general tired look are the results of cheating sleep.Your best sleep happens during what is called the “rejuvenation hours.” Your face won’t reveal as many lines and your eyes won’t be as puffy if you get adequate sleep. And of course, you’ll feel and function better as well.If you’re in a habit of waking up at 3 or 4 o’clock in the morning, try meditation or take the natural herb, melatonin before turning in for the night.
- Your Diet Can Make You Younger – Obesity can become a problem as you grow older because your metabolism tends to slow down. Keep your weight on track, make your skin glow and your blood healthy by eating foods with beneficial properties. Eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruits, organic if possible. Avoid refined foods and by all means, stay clear of sugar. This alone will get you off to a good start.
- Break Those Bad Habits – If you still smoke or if you drink too much alcohol, cut down or quit if possible. Smoking will rapidly age your entire body and give a leathery look. No need to discuss this any further. Alcohol, within reason, is said to have some health benefits. However, too much alcohol will dry out your skin, put on the pounds and generally be counter-productive.
In addition to those 5 things you can implement to help you look and feel younger, don’t forget your “attitude.”
Do whatever you need to do to stay upbeat and positive – and for goodness sake, don’t forget to smile!